Re: XEmacs shell garbage

On: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:09:20 +0100 Marcus Geiger writes:

> XEmacs-Shell-mode doesn't seem to work correctly. I get some
> [ldksjf] <- control-codes in braces. My machine is setup for
> german-keymaps and I installed the german-package.

I have no strange output while executing normal command line command
from within shell mode.  However, don't expect any application using
terminal capacities to work correctly (to name a few, vi, less).

> Does any has an idea. Is it possible that the terminal mode irritates
> Xemacs-shell-mode ?

Yes.  The Shell mode is quite simple, it does not provide any terminal
capacities.  XEmacs sets the TERM variable to emacs, so you should
make special features such as colored ls output dependend on the
terminal variable.  If you want to use a full-featured terminal try
the M-x term command and read the help on terminal-emulator before to
know how to leave this buffer.

	Torsten