Re: Linux program = dos debug ?

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 wtopa@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Quoting wtopa@ix.netcom.com(wtopa@ix.netcom.com):
> >
> > There is a program called ppc on sunsite somewhere. You can watch the bits
> > on the parallel port, and change it bit-by-bit with it. It describes itself
> > as an example of parallel port programmming using Linux.
> >

> Great!  Thanks Jim!  The /proc/kcore would have driven this newbe, and
> me, nuts!  I'll go get it.  Really appreciate the pointer.

 Well, if I'd known what you wanted to do, I'd have suggested something
like that. :-> Using /proc/kcore is equivalent to DOS debug, but with
Linux there is almost always a better way to do it. :->

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "One man's 'magic' is another man's 'engineering'. 'Supernatural' is
                 a null word." - Robert Heinlein