Re: dselect (or apt) wish list (fwd)

Zack Brown writes:
> Someone said 'apt' does. But 'apt' also deletes the package files once they
> are installed (it doesn't even ask if that's what I want), which is another
> wish I raised below.

hasler/~ ll /var/cache/apt/archives/
total 335
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       318440 Oct 16 13:52 apt_0.1.7.deb
-rw-r-----   1 root     root            0 Nov  6 15:42 lock
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Nov  6 15:45 partial

I frequently run 'apt-get clean' since I don't have much free space.
Apt-get certainly doesn't empty the cache by itself for me.