Re: Debian Crash

Ed Cogburn wrote:

> Geoffrey L. Brimhall wrote:
> >
> > what version of Netscape were you using ? The latest 4.5 or the older 4.0.
> >
> > I recently installed the 4.5 on my SMP system and have been having system
> > freezes happening at least once a day.
> >
> Netscape occaisionly crashs on me too.  It is almost certainly a
> problem with Netscape, or X11, and not Linux itself.

I've always heard that Netscape has memory leak in it. If it does not get shutdown
properly, some or all of its memory will not get released back to the system. I have
seen the memory get used completey on a machine at school after Netscape craches a
couple of times.
--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu