Re: sound in new 2.1.x kernels

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 05:12:20PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
.How did you get the irq options?  Did you edit it by hand?

allo shaleh!

if i try to load the sb module without parms i get:

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
sb_card: I/O, IRQ, and DMA are mandatory
			       ^^^^^^^^^
when the sb modules is Properly loaded i get:

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 3.1 detected OK (220)
SB DSP version is just 3.1 which means that your card is
several years old (8 bit only device) or alternatively the sound driver
is incorrectly configured.

hmmmm... but it works so what do i care!

my /etc/modules looks like:

soundcore
sound
uart401
sb io=0x220 irq=7 dma=1

my card is a SB Pro 2 model CT1600 ( PNP compiled into kernel ) and
layer III mp3s sound most execellent!

goodbye isapnptools!?!

--

Horseman of the Digital Apocolypse