Re: socket destroy delayed

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, joseph evan porter wrote:

 : >
 : > I keep on seeing the following error message appear over and over in
 : > /var/log/syslog:
 : >
 : > Nov 10 13:21:46 chinook kernel: Socket destroy delayed (r=112 w=0)
 : >
 : > Does anyone have any idea what this might be about?
 : >
 : I'm not sure, but I've been getting that same message only recently.
 : Has anyone seen this?
 :
 : I'm using a Dual P-II system w/ kernel 2.1.120.
 : (It's probably not the kernel, since I've had this kernel in place much
 : longer than I've had the message).

<unhelpful reply>
I've seen this error ever since I started running 2.1.125.  Seems
harmless, but then again I'm pretty ignorant about the new kernels.
</unhelpful reply>

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD