Re: Kernel compilation

An even better way is to use make-kpkg (in the kernel-package Debian
package).  This will compile your custom kernel and install it into a .deb
package file.  You can install the .deb in the other computer and it will
install the kernel in /vmlinuz, install any modules and even ask you if
you want to create a boot floppy and run LILO to update the boot
information.

Bob