scanner and digitizer compatible? (was Re: none)

William Temple <imbear@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have a Wacom serial port digitizer pad and a Umax Par. port scanner,
> are these compatable with Debian? Will I have to build my own drivers?
> What language would I use. Thank you in advance.

Have a look at:
http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html

I can't help with the Wacom digitzer (But I guess it will work, take a
look at gimp and maybe you can find some information in its documentation).

HTH,

Jens
--
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de       grimaldi@debian.org