Re: [SMP] P2 Database Srvr: 1x450 or 2x350 CPUs?

Jeff Noxon wrote:

> > On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Jeff Noxon wrote:
> >
> > > I'm setting up a Debian box for my client as an Oracle server.
>
> I'm using 2.1.x on my Alpha box and it seems stable.  I'm a little
> hesitant to run it on a production machine, but I can give it a shot.
>
> With the kernel issue out of the way, I'm still not sure whether SMP
> is the better solution.

	At least with Solaris on SPARCs, SMP is the way to go... it will be the
way to go in GNU/Linux also when 2.2 gets out.

	Now, that would be nice... Oracle on a multiprocessed Alpha!!  Anyone
knows if Oracle intends to support GNU/Linux in RISC processors also?
Or at least Alpha or SPARC?

--
Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda