Help: Mach64 configuration problems

Hello everybody!

I installed Debian 2.0 and tried to configure X for my ASUS
PCI-AV264CT card.
I used the graphical tool XF86Setup and choosed the mach64 Xserver.

X starts up correctly with good resolution and color-depth BUT:
everything is very slow!
Scrolling and moving a window is very very slow!

I run XF86Setup and choosed other card-entries (which uses also the
mach64 server) and there is also one entry in the card list with the
name of my card but there is always the same, slow, result.

(The text-based xf86config did'nt work either. Here the result was a
320x200 screen, I couldnt tell him to choose the accel server with the
higher resolutions....)

Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance
Herbert Haas