Re: LILO question

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Jeff Miller wrote:

> I have two hard drives.  Disk0 has Windoze98 and Disk1 has Linux.  I can
> boot to Linux with a floppy.  Without the Linux boot floppy Windoze
> boots up.

> What do I have to do to have a prompt come up at boot time to select one
> operating system or another?  Please be specific as possible so I don't
> mess up.

There was a thread on exactly this subject last month. Check the Debian
web pages http://www.debian.org/ or mirrors for the list archives and look
for the thread

"lilo (linux only hd -> dos only hd), no solution possible?"

Several solutions were suggested. My heretical one near the end of the
thread is now working happily on my W98/Debian machine.

All the best

Hugh

Hugh C. Pumphrey, Dept. of -    | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
Meteorology, Univ. of Edinburgh | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside U.K
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland     | Email hcp@met.ed.ac.uk