was: Network-card unoprational

Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for all the suggestions - I've got my problem narrowed
down to a PnP-problem.
I have the following cards installed in my system:
3C509 - PnP disabled, irq 15, iobase 0x210 (both supported by the card)
SB AWE 32 PnP		(everything but the IDE-interface enabled by isapnp				 IDE disabled with (ACT N))
Sedlbauer ISDN card PnP (enabled by isapnp)

I am probably facing a hardware confilct between the 3Com card an the
Souldblaster. The NIC has the tendency fo ferget its setting under Linux
and to reset to irq 5 and iobase 0x300.  Alternatively it might be
conflicting with the IDE-interface of the AWE 32, which defaults to irq 15.

It seems to me that none of the PnP cards really cares what isapnp tells them
to do. None of the (potentially used) interrupts/iobase addresses are listed
in /proc/interrups and /proc/iobase.

How do I tell the Souldblaster NOT TO activate the IDE interface and thus
free irq 15? (Is there anything to read on this subject (manuals/HOWTOs))?

Thanks for thinking about this.
So long,
Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
                                     *** Coffee not found: Operator halted ***