Re: Writing CD from W95

----------
> Van: Leonard Ong <Leonard_Ong@iname.com>
> Aan: Hubert-jan Schaminee <hubert@schaminee.nl>
> Onderwerp: Re: Writing CD from W95
> Datum: zondag 8 november 1998 18:37
>

> I am using Phillips 2600 ( is it old stuff ? ).  I want to ask the wayout
> of following condition :
>
> Say I download linux programs into my windows partition ( long file name
),
> then how to burn these program into a cd that retains the LFN but not
using
> Joliet.  SInce joliet need kernel > .33 or .34

As far as I know, Adaptec's Ezcd creator (I don't have the pro-version :-(
) doesn't know about Rock Ridge extentions. That's why I used mkisofs. So
if I create a cd image in Windows its either Joliet or doesn't no about LFN
and is making a mess out of the Unix filenames (or I'm doing something
wrong...)

> I want to burn in Windows environment, and if i burn using ezcd creator
> pro, using iso9960, will the LFN truncated ?

So, yes.. My cd has long filenames within Lunix, even with permissions,
links etc. but truncated files in Windows ...

Maybe someone else tell us how to make CD's with LFN and links for Windows
AND Linux.

Hubert-Jan Schaminee