Re: ipchains?

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Chris Frost wrote:

> You can get the source (or glibc binaries) from
> <http://www.adelaide.net.au/~rustcorp/ipfwchains/ipfwchains.html>.
>
> This should be in linux/Documentation/Changes, I'll check to make sure
> it's still in there.

Yeah, it is in the Configure.help file at least. I am just surprised that
there was a 2.1.125 kernel source package put out in the distribution
without a primary support package needed to run it in many installations.

I hate having to play "Slackware" with a package only to have it show up a
week later in the distribution. Chances are good that the Debian package
will put things in different places than a regular "make install" will.
Then I have to run around and stamp out these burning embers of mayhem
before I install the Debian package. I can wait ... just wanting to shout
from the peanut gallery that such a package is going to be needed RSN
since the unstable kernels are starting to firm up.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!