Network-card unoprational

Hi everyone,

after installing Debian 2.0 on my system I am facing the following problem:
whenever I use a 2.1.x-Kernel the network-card driver module for my
3Com 3c509B (ISA, irq=15, iobase=0x210) will not load. The driver error message
is a repeated "device or resource busy".
Whenever  I use a self-compiled 2.0.x-kernel the card initializes and runs
fine, but now X-windows will not start anymore ;-) I don't get any error
messages in this case.
Everything works fine with the default kernel that came with the system.
I rather like (and need) the autofs feature and the "vold"-package.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

So long,
Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                    engelke@math.uni-hamburg.de
                                     *** Coffee not found: Operator halted ***