Re: [HalloweenII] RedHat and Debian:

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 07:29:05AM -0500, Chris Fury wrote:
> Well, not to rock the boat, but I see more .rpm's that I do .deb's
> on the net.  I mean, yeah, you can go to www.debian.org to get a
> whole boatload of packages, but that's about as far as you go.
>
> It *does* kind of suck.

Almost all .debs are official Debian-project .debs. That means they have
some quality assurance, accountability etc. You never know who built
the .rpm you've just installed, because there's a huge collection
of non-Redhat-supplied ones.

Non-official .deb files can exist too; they just haven't much to date,
because there is no problem with becoming a developer and making
them official.

Hamish