dpkg-multicd

I installed the dpkg-multicd package, but I don't see how to use it to
install from multiple cd's.  I have the cheap bytes cd set with main,
contrib, and non-free on separate disks.  Is dpkg-multicd supposed to
let me flip disks as required, or does it assume that I have 3 cdrom
drives?  In the access section of dselect I can't specify the same
drive three times with different paths so this won't solve the
problem.  In fact the operation seems the same as the cd access
method.  Please explain.  Thanks.