Re: how to install slink netscape?

Markus M. Schneider wrote:

> Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
>
> > I recently upgraded as well but now communicator fails with a bus
> > error.  I've also upgraded to the latest libc and X packages in
> > unstable.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> I've not upgraded the X packages. I get only a bus error if I start the
> acroread plugin for reading pdf files.
>
> Markus.
>
> --

	Are you also getting errors about a missing locale 'C'?  If you are
this might help (wrote this for someone else):

	The problem is a broken X package(s).  There is probably a better
solution, but I used an older xbase, the one that is about 2 meg in size
(not the newer one in slink) and extracted (*not* by installing) just
the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale directory.  This ended the problems with
NS.

--
Ed C.