Linux - SMP

Hi,
I have had problems before but now I am running Debian Linux on an SMP
machine and it crashes once a week or so. It locks real hard and all I can
do is press the on/off switch to get started.
I suspected the memory but all the tests I know of do not seem to
indicate the problem is with the memory (e.g. recompiling the kernel
n-times).

I cannot find any record of why it locks so hard because then it is all
dead. Any suggestions? The machine has 2 pentium 2 chips with 128 MB ram.
All your help is appreciated - thanks.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469