Re: xfstt + xset

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 12:11:20PM -0500, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote:
> Even more wierd:
> I have a server and a client, the client mounts /usr via nfs from server;
> /var is local, the rest is syncronized via cfengine.
> /etc/init.d/xfstt start
> works on the server, does not on the client. Just xfstt works everywhere.
>
> Any idea what the so subtle difference between these machines might be?

Ahhh....
well this si a FIXME of sorts) :)

xfstt currently requires write acess to a font database it stores
(which by all rights should be in /var) as it stands this is in
the same directory as the fonts...

this same thing happens when you run xfstt as a normal user. With NFS on
you probably have root_squash on (which is the default) so root
on the client can not write tot he database!

sorry for the inconvinece...I should work on this!

any ideas on where the font database should be?

-Steve