Re: xfstt + xset

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 12:07:05AM -0500, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote:
> > Use "ps aux" to check that xfstt is actually running. I've encountered a
> > wierd problem today that xfstt by itself works, but xfstt --daemon
> > does not.
> > Very strange - it worked yesterday. I don't think I've changed anything
> > important.
> > Anyone got a similar problem ?
>
> Wow someone already using -daemon option (I added it and rushed it in
> to the upstream author very shortly before releace :) )
>
> anyway...it is "-daemon" NOT "--daemon" yes this is counter-intuitive
> to the way MANY programs work but...
> ALL o fth eother xfstt options use only 1 '-' and ALL are long options.
>
> I just followed the convention the author used. Try it an let me know.

I am using xfstt 0.9.10-1 and the --daemon option is actually part of
/etc/init.d/xfstt script, I don't use it manually. On the attempt to issue
only one dash "-daemon" it complains of the wrong syntax.

The problem is that starting xfstt manually works fine, but starting it
from init.d does not. Neither does "xfstt --daemon". And I'm not sure
what's wrong.

Sergey.