absolute beginner again

Thanks to all for your answers

I am ok with .gz files now !
But it appears I started the wrong way ! each time I want to read email or
access to the web I have to reboot and goes back to windows, then go back to
linux  try etc..........
So first thing is to get connected under linux.
I tried to configure a PPP connection at the install but it does not seems
to work.
I dont even know if Linux knows I have a modem.
So what do I have to do to have a ppp connection, get my mail, and browse
the web (...hmmmm by the way ftp will not be bad as well)

Alain Cadenat

alain.cadenat@agoratec.com
http://www.agoratec.com