XF86Setup on Debian2.0 - help

Hi,

I was installing Debian2.0 on a new PC and I have two question:

1) While in deselect, I would see the follwoing

EIOM
 ***  <some package name> etc etc
 ***  <some package name> etc etc

How can I tell that the above pkg has already been installed ? Is that
by that last asterik under 'M' ?

2) While trying to setup the XServer, I get this message pop on my
screen :
	Out of Range
	Hf: 28KHz - 70 KHz
	Vf: 40Hz - 120 Hz

and the screen just freezes there. I had to do a hard RESET to get
in again. This has stopped me from setting up the XServer.

I started the process by doing /usr/bin/X11/XF86Setup (as root)
Pls help ?

Regards,
Rathon.