Re: exim and bad Sender: header

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 10:18:15AM -0800, Carl Johnson wrote:
> I ended up with the following fetchmail messages:
> reading message 1 of 31 (1088 header bytes) .fetchmail: SMTP error: 501 <@kira.peak.org> : colon expected after route
> fetchmail: SMTP error: 501 <carlj> : sender address must contain a domain
> fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from kira.peak.org

I had a similar problem with messages bounced from non-existent
accounts. The automatic reply from the server is from <>, I guess to
prevent loops. Upgrading to fetchmail in slink (Version: 4.6.4-1) solved
my problem.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com