Re: Delete key changed its behavior

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> After installing some packages from Debain-JP, my delete and backspace
> keys changed their behavior under X. Now they delete the character in
> front of the prompt. Even Netscape behaves like this. Can somebody
> please tell me where should I make the changes ?

xmodmap should do what you want
use xkeycaps to find out the right codes for xmodmap.
put an xmodmap command in your .xsession or better still in
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0 (if you're using xdm).

please forgive my abrupt ending hre - but my conection is
xtrememleyyhiclmelyey      BAD hiccuppy etc must sign off -