Epson Stylus Color at 720 dpi ?

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Akop Pogosian wrote:

> If you have epson stylus color 400 or epson stylus color
> please let me know. Also,a few months ago, I found a great
> site on Espon Printers under linux, but I lost it. If you
> know such a site, please let me know.

I am using the Epson Stylus Color 600 and got it to print nicely using the
magicfilter package (via ghostscript, of course). Just a word of warning:
I did not succeed in printing via the 720 dpi filter, using the 360 dpi
one works fine though (actually I just removed the -r720 option in the
magicfilter script...).

Has anybody on the list succeeded using 720 or even 1440 dpi with the the
Stylus 600 in LinUX ? Option -r720 with OutputDevice stcolor just causes
empty linefeeds and trying uniprint with the epson stylus600 option caused
ghostscript to bail out with a host of error messages...

Regards,

       /(__  __|\          Lars Steinke, Research Student @
      (    \/  __)_        www.fmf.uni-freiburg.de, Germany
       )   (_____  /       for PGP PKey and WWW-Page finger