Re: Building debian packages under Solaris?

If you go to sunsite, you can locate a lot of GNU software already in Sun
pkgadd format if you follow the Sun Information link from the main page.

emacs is included as is gcc and a lot of other stuff. In other words, it
is already in Sun package format and there is no need to compile it unless
you want to.

On 5 Aug 1998, Dale E. Martin wrote:

> Just curious if anyone had done it.  I'm going to be setting up some
> Solaris boxes (on loan from Sun - installing linux isn't an option :-)) and
> I'm definitely going to want to install stuff like emacs and other GNU
> software on them - doing it from packages would be nice, even though I'll
> be limited to compiling new binary packages from source packages...
>
> Anyone tried building debian packages on a non-Linux OS?
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
>
> 	Dale
> --
> | Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |
> | dmartin@clifton-labs.com    |    http://www.clifton-labs.com         |

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?