Re: New Debian user's reaction to X

> Of course, there are newer ones. But that time I was
> not able neither to ftp or post anything since I got an
> internal modem (miro connect 34, bullshit) emulating
> com3. This was quite a big challenge I didn't master
> yet, so BTW if anyone has info about how getting
> started an internal complicated modem by Miro, please
> let me know it'd be great, great, great.

Unless this is a 'windows-modem', there should be no problem at all. An
internal modem will behave exactly like an external one. You can view an
internal modem as a normal comm-port connected to a seperate modem, but
now all on one card (or even IC). What is your problem with it?

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |