From: Christopher Barry [SMTP:cbarry@2xtreme.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 1998 4:02 PM
To: Nils Rennebarth
Cc: Richardson,Anthony; Hamish Moffatt; p.meidl; debian-user
Subject: Re: linux + win95: linux boot partition/

Hi,

SCSI is not so expensive anymore, just check out www.pricewatch.com and
www.shopper.com. Unless  you want the latest bleeding edge Adaptec
2940U2W
controller, you don't have to dish out a lot of dough for scsi. And there
are
a lot
of $160 4.5 GB Quantum Viking 7200RPM 8ms disks floating around on those
pages.
They use an 80 pin SCA interface, but you can get an adapter to 68-pin
for
another
$20. That's a whole lot of high performance storage for the price, and
storagereview.com rated the viking very well to.

 ----*
*

  *