Re: libc6 upgrade crash my machine!!!!!

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998 fealvar@ctc.cl wrote:

> After running dselect and trying to upgrade all my old hamm packages
> including libc6, nothing works now it seems the libc6 package is corrupted
> or something, i've tried to mount the file system and run dpkg -i
> --root=/mnt --admindir=/mnt/var/lib.... libc6xxx.deb but it complains
> about preinstall and postinstall scripts ( -- not found --).

This sounds like the ld.so.preload problem.

The get you back on your feet fix: move /etc/ld.so.preload to a backup
location using a rescue disk and reboot.

The long term solution: upgrade libc6.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)