Re: problem compiling kernel 2.0.34 under Debian 1.3.1

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> > gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>
> sig11 (signal 11) is often a sign of a hardware problem.  Either you
> machine is over/under clocked, over heating, has a memory glitch or
> something.  Sig 11 can also be one of the problems that appears and then
> never re-appears.

The sysetm is not over or under clocked as far as I know.  I will double
check.  However, I think it is overheating because I have been looking at
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ (as suggested by someone else on the list)
and got the idea to try make repeatedly.

Sure enough, it stalls quicker and quicker every time I try it, but if I
leave the system idle for a few minutes then try again it goes a little
further.

Thank you to all who responded.  Now I just have to figure out WHAT is
overheating.