Re: Compiling the kernel?

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Tom Pfeifer wrote:

> Well, not knowing any better, I fixed it by uninstalling my header and
> source packages (2.0.33), reinstalling the libc6-dev package, and then
> installing bin86 and the 2.0.34 source and header packages.

If you install the kernel-source package, you don't need the
kernel-headers package as it is all in the source.

It's probably NOT a good idea for anyone to upgrade to any of the
libc6-2.0.7r-3 packages at this time.  There is a problem, but not all are
susceptible to it.  2.0.7r-5 is in /incoming and hopefully will be put in
hamm asap.   I didn't seem to have any trouble with -3, but just
installed the -5 stuff (libc6, libc6-dev, locales, timezones) to play it
safe.

Bob

----