Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA card

On Sat, Apr 18, 1998 at 01:33:11PM +0200, dg@bingo.baynet.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can get some Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA and/or PCI cards for free, and
> I'm asking myself, if these cards are making any problems with Linux. I

I only now of my own privat use (not much traffic), but for me, they
work great and I didn't have any problems yet. I've got a Intel
EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter with Flash. The only (small) problem was
telling the card which port, etc. to use. The solution was the usage
of the special DOS-disks which were part of the Package.
The kernel-support, as far as I remember, is still experimental in
2.0.32. You may look at /usr/src/linux/net/eepro.c and the according
part of /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help.

> found the drivers on the Net, and I will get the cards next week, so speaks
Have I missed something? Why do you need drivers from the net?

> anything against an installation in my two machines ???
>
> Thanx for any comments.

Hope this helped (and I didn't tell you anything that's not true
anymore :)

--
Fabian Knittel  |  fknittel@gmx.de  |  http://www.esc-web.de/fabian/