Re: Linux DRAW or Linux ILLUSTRATOR

On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 11:03:45AM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>    Can someone tells me about some apps thats do the work of Corel Draw in
>    Linux, Like Corel Draw? O heard about GIMP that can substitute Corel
>    PhotoPaint and Photoshop! And about substitute Corel Ventura, Adobe
>    Pagemaker or QuarkXpress?
>
> xfig might fit your needs for a Corel Draw-like program.  There is
> currently no suitable substitute for PageMaker.  However, there is a
> project called GLUe that is working on one.  Their home page is at
> http://aix2.uottawa.ca/~s1204672/glue/.  Currently the program is
> rather primitive; I don't know if it's at all usable.

Axene (http://www.axene.com) also makes a nice desktop publishing program
for unix, Xclamation. It costs money, but (IMHO) it's worth it for the
functionality, and seems to be fairly mature.

marco

 You can't fight in here,  Marco Anglesio, mpa@squawk.klue.on.ca
    This is the War Room!  http://squawk.klue.on.ca/
 President Merkin Muffley