Re: Debian list `From' line (Re: exim & mutt, weird)

Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>
> > I have a procmail recipe to catch the Debian mailing list traffic :
> >
> > :0
> > * ^From debian-user-request@lists.debian.org
> > debian
>
> I would not trust the From line.
> Why don't you just use the Resent-Sender field?

This works mostly, but again a few people have a Resent-Sender added
to their mail before it goes to the listserver, and they then slip
through.  I've found the X-Mailing-List header to be the most reliable
way of sorting.  (Of course, if debian's listserv added a received:
header that told for whom the message was received, I might key off
that as I do for some non-debian lists).