Re: why?

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Daniel Martin at cush wrote:

> George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org> writes:
>
> > To: Friend@public.com
> >
> > Why would any list accept an email message with the above in the To:
> > header?
>
> Your question could be asking one of two different things:
> 1) Why would the list accept mail with an "obviously bogus" To:
> header?

No, this PARTICULAR To: header.  It is as closely associated with spam as
cyberpromo.com was.  It is one of the first things a spam filter should
look for.  Any email with To: Friend@public.com should be auto-routed to
/dev/toilet

Same goes for any email with Emailer Platinum anywhere in the headers. It
is guaranteed to be spam.

Lets see ... in exim the filter would be something like:

if $h_to: contains Friend@public.com then seen finish endif

end of problem.

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org