Re: biff/new mail - blink LED indicators on keyboard

There is a program called TLedz (or Tleds) that would monitor any TCP
stack (eth0, ppp0, etc) and have the lights blink to the console even if
you were logged off.  You could it up so that it would blink and stay lit
at a given mS, each blink would correspond to a tcp packet coming in...

I dont know if this helps, but if you're interested i can get it off my
linux box before i do a reinstall of it.. but let me know before friday.