RE: COBOL?

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Lewis, James M.  wrote:

Jim..

> COBOL! gag, choke..

Yes, my sentiments exactally.. However, since I need it to graduate, I
guess it's an evil that I must put up with for now. I wanted to save trips
running back and fourth to the lab. :)

> Seriously, I don't know of a compiler but I have a few
> things for emacs 19.34.  I picked a cobol mode (2 of them
> actually) off the net and hacked them up.  Added support
> in hilit19.  It's slow but pretty.  Let me know if you
> need them.

Actually, that would be quite nice, thanks..

> I don't know the language but I can tell you it's a pain
> to load a cobol program with oracle sql code in it!

Load? Try writing it in the first place.. <bleugh>

Take care..
	]<urt