Re: MUTT...the final configs

On Thu, Apr 30, 1998 at 12:57:02AM -0400, Stephen Carpenter wrote:

> As per that big pine discussion I decided to try mutt...
> I used it for about 5 mins...and think I would like to continue using it.
> I believe I have the version from non-us (a coupla weeks ago I burned
> a CD at work with the entire non-us portion of debian on it...
> along with non-free and some goodies)
> here is what I need to make mutt usefull to me and stop using pine
> (btw I do like mutts speed alot)
> I think I asked part of this before but didn't quite get it:
> 1) how do I set it up to automatically sign and/or encrypt messages with
> PGP? also should automatically check sigs / unencrypt when I view
> the message (I already have pine doing this just fine)

in ~/.muttrc put:
set pgp_autosign
^ thats all you really need
these might also be usefull:
set pgp_encryptself
set pgp_replyencrypt
set pgp_replysign

as for checking signatures, it does that by default.

> 2) I have the following mailboxes -
> INBOX ZZ-INBOX  debian-devel ZZ-debian-devel debian-user ZZ-debian-user
> BUGTRAQ ZZ-BUGTRAQ
> anything normal is an incommin gfolder (not defined as one in pine but..
> procmail delivers directly to it)
> and enything with a ZZ is where pine automatically puts
> messages after I have read them
> as you can see im on debian-user and debian-devel ...
> getting a few hundred e-mail messages a day I need this
> can mutt do this? if so how..if not...
> are there alrenatives?

it can move read mail, I forgot how though, look at the documentation..
these options might also be usfull:
folder-hook . set sort=date-sent   <- default sorting
folder-hook *Linux-Kernel* set sort=threads  <- any folders matching *blah*
						are sorted by tread
folder-hook *Bugtraq* set sort=threads
folder-hook *debian* set sort=threads
set record="=sent-mail"			<- copies mail you send to this
					   folder
set nomark_old		<- prevents that (for me) annoying O mark on
			   messages you've seen but not read