Re: TCP/IP Network +WIN95

I dunno what to tell you about the Win95 boxes and dialing every 5 mins :(
I used to do it this way:
I had a linux server with no monitor (oh sure its a minor detail...
until you need to reboot it and find out hours later there was
a bootable CD in the CD drive (but I digress))
I would telnet to the linux machine and run pppd
if you don't know what is causing the dialing (win95 must be looking for
osmething weird)
then its not easy to stop it...
you could run a network sniffer and watch for what happens every 5 mins...
are the win95 machines running anything weird like D4time (a time
syncronizer)?
maybe it is a problem with it using TCP/IP...you could try
telling the WIndoze machines to use a differnt default protocol...
hmm...
are you sure the windows machines are doing it?
have you run with all of the winDOS machines off and seen
if it still does it?
wish  could help more...hopefully some of this will lead you on the right
track
-Steve