Re: M-g in XEmacs 20.4?

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 09:28:25AM -0400, Ossama Othman wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> > When I press M-g (which as a developer I use frequently) I get "A-g not
> > defined". So my ALT key has reverted to ALT behaviour, instead of META
> > which I am sure it was before.
> >
> > What has changed? I'm need my M-g! Thanks!
>
> I also experienced this problem.   On my system, the Meta key is now the
> "Windows" key.  I've got a 104 key keyboard.  What kind of keyboard do you
> have?

I've had this for a while in X-windows - bottom left of the keyboard reads
control, meta, alt (just as I want it!)

Try this in the keyboard section of /etc/X11/XF86Config:

    LeftAlt     Meta

PS: Does anyone know how to get get "control, meta, alt" on the console?

Cheers

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com,  http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers