Re: wu-ftpd-academ package disables itself

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> hamm system current as of this afternoon :)
>
> I installed wu-ftpd-academ, oh, two versions ago.  At that time it
> disabled the "stock" ftpd, wu-ftpd, and itself!  I edited my
> /etc/inetd.conf and removed the two unused lines (perhaps this is the
> problem)
>
> At any rate, the past two upgrades of wu-ftpd-academ have resulted in
> the ftpd service being disabled in /etc/inetd.conf (with a comment like
> "#<off>#)  Why would it do that, if it's the only ftp daemon installed?
>
> Color me confused,

I know it works for me so I checked and found two entries in
/etc/inetd.conf.

The commented line has /usr/sbin/ftpd.in and the uncommented line has
/usr/sbin/ftpd which is a symlink to /etc/alternatives/ftpd, which is a
symlink to /usr/sbin/wu-ftpd-academ.

hth,

Bob

----