Re: Need help configuring samba

Thanks for all your help.  One last thing:

I need to use the Windows printer driver when I print from Win95,  and I
use the magicfilter dj550c filter when I print from linux.  The problem is
that the magicfilter package doesn't let win95 queue things in the format
that the win95 driver outputs them.

So I tried setting up another queue (winprint) that didn't have an input
filter but used the same printer (/dev/lp1) and set up windows to print to
that queue.  The problem is that stuff put in that queue never gets
printed because /dev/lp1 is taken by the man lp queue and so
"lpq -Pwinprint" gives "waiting for device to become available" forever.

		Any hints?

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |