Re: X's with Matrox Millenium II

> So - a completely undebianized XFree installation isn't neccesary as you
> have seen above.

Yes and No.  :)   I've always felt it better to use a piece a of software
with software it was intended to be used with; i.e. X332svga with X332*.
Also, I've been told that XF86Setup and xf86config in X331 don't handle
the X332SVGA server as well as their X332 counterparts, especially since
the X332 versions have the most recent Millenium II card definition.

"So - a completely undebianized XFree installation" may not necessarily be
"the" solution as you imply, nor am I saying that my solution is better.
I just happen to prefer it.  :-)

> > Take a look at the debian-user mailing list archive for March and April
> > for e-mails that I posted that have more details on how to install
> > XF86-3.3.2 binaries and what is necessary.  I'm just too lazy to type
> > everything again.  :)
>
> OK - thats right, but say the truth - did you take a look at the archive
> before you ask? ;-)

I'm a bit confused.  Why should I bother looking up something in the
archive that I wrote?  Also, it wasn't me who asked.  I was
attempting to answer the question.  Hence, you get another smiley face.
:)

Thanks,
-Ossama