Re: make-kpkg help!

Ian Keith Setford wrote:

> Yo-

Yo :)

> ...(compiles for 3 min) then,
>
> dpkg --build debian/tmp-image ..
> dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `debian/tmp-image/DEBIAN/control' near line
> 4 package `kernel-image-2.0.33':
>  `Suggests' field, invalid package name `"lilo': must start with an
> alphanumeric
> make: *** [stamp-image] Error 2
> I believe that it is having a problem with LILO.  Is that correct?  My
> friend wishes to dual-boot so it would actually be better if this package
> didn't even add my LILO to the custom kernel I am trying to build.

What version of kernel-package are you using?have you used is sucessfully before?

the error that is gives is not a probalme with lilo...it is a problem with the
control file generated by the kernel-packge system.
basically at this point the kernel is built...it is just making it into a
debian package...and control is one of the files it needs to make the package
the erro states that '"lilo' is an invalid package name...and it is...
for some reason it is "lilo indead of lilo (see the extra quote mark)
thi slook slike a typo in the script that is doing th ebuilding to me
...have you tried getting the latest version of kernel-package?
-Steve