Re: Tape Drive Q

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 09:34:11AM -0400, Stephen Carpenter wrote:
> Last week I ordered a tape drive (and posted a question about
> SCSI controllers)
So it's a SCSI tape?

> what is the name of the device? (I assume it is just
> /dev/MAKEDEV <devicename> to make it)
/dev/st0   for rewind after any operation
/dev/nst0  without automatic rewind

are the names of the SCSI tapes. The second would be numbered /dev/st1
etc. You see it in the SCSI probes at startup or with dmesg

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *