Re: freshmeat repository

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 02:29:51PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> No, I wasnt saying to convert debian to rpm, I was saying to offer debian
> packages in rpm format so someone with a readhat system could install some
> of them.
>
> Example, Red Hat has no well-configured smail, cnews, nntp, uucp.  If
> debian packages could be converted to rpm, a person with a Red Hat could
> possibly install the better debian packages.
>
> I am not saying to convert the debian archive to rpm.

OK, that sounds okay -- although then we would be RedHat contrib
maintainers too, a sought of mix :-)

I think Debian's default configurations and added configuration projects
are one of the best features. I've installed FreeBSD on my system as well
and find that it asks me no configuration questions -- I have to configure
sendmail myself, for example -- no thanks.

Hamish