Re: XFree 3.3.2 as a Debian package

In article <199804251725.OAA04174@panther.unisys.com.br>, you wrote:
> I have the official Debian CD installed (1.3.1) and the  XFree86 that
> comes with the CD (3.3) cannot work with my Matrox Millenium II. So I
> decided to upgrade to  XFree86 3.3.2.
>
> I have searched the ftp.debian.org and the only debian package for
> XFree86 3.3.2 is located inside /hamm.
>
> Is there a XFree 3.3.2 Debian package that works with the "old"
> libc5 ? (I do not want to upgrade to hamm right now).

The simplest way to avoid upgrading to hamm is to keep the XFree86
installation that comes with bo and but use the XF86_SVGA server
from
ftp://ftp.suse.com/suse_update/XFree86-3.3.1-SuSE/tgz/xsvga.tgz

Install the Debian package with the SVGA server and then
untar xsvga.tgz in /

When running xf86config
- select XF86_SVGA as server (no need to look at card database chose
  '3' at the server selection).
- select "TI 3026" as ramdac
- select "TI 3026" as clockchip

Hope this information will be of any use
/fax