Re: securing debian

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, Carl Mummert wrote:

> Is this really a good thing? ...  What happens when you need to add a
> command to sudo, or when you need to come up in maintenance mode?

hmm... if you disable root access and use only the sudo package, aren't
you making your system more unsecure?

Why?  Because you would probably want to make a sudo command to edit the
sudo file.. and then a cracker only needs to sniff *one* password -- to
your account -- instead of your password and the root password.

Maybe cryptography using ssh + sudo for telnetting and root access only
from the console is a better solution.

-Paul