Re: LaTeX installation

Luka Pravica <l.pravica@student.murdoch.edu.au> writes:

> >From the installation error-file (from dpkg) obviosly some files are
> missing, like texmf.cnf, language.dat...
> I tried searching for those files but they are not on my hard drive.
> Perhaps all those files get installed with some other package, but dselect
> didn't show any dependencies.

You can do a 'dpkg -S language.dat' etc. On my system ( hamm with tetex 0.9),
both files are in tetex-base. 'dpkg -S ...' tells you where the files should
be in the filesystem, so you could look, if the files are really there.
You should even try the command 'texconfig conf' and 'texconfig confall',
which show the configuration of your tetex-system.

Good luck,
jtr